10 alternative ways to socialise during Covid-19
As restrictions ease we can now socialise during Covid-19 more freely. We know it’s been a hard time for everyone and we are all looking forward to the restrictions being lifted. The shorter days and colder nights can make it harder to stay motivated, but it’s important to remember that Covid-19 is still with us and although we can now socialise during Covid-19, we need to be mindful and follow the guidelines to keep everyone safe.
Here are some fun things we can still do to stay social and active in the Winter and Autumn months
- Have a picnic: We have so many beautiful parks, forests and open green spaces to choose from in every corner of the country where social distancing can be practiced with ease. So, pack a lunch and get exploring!
- Enjoy a trip to the seaside: It may be getting colder but a day by the sea is a nice way to spend a day. Take a dip in the sea if you’re brave enough! Don’t forget to have a fish and chips to warm up afterwards.
- Climb a mountain or hill walk: Go on a trek with a friend, enjoy the space and breathe in the fresh air. And of course, take some photos from the top. Your Instagram will never look so good!
- Visit a museum: So we can’t go abroad this year, that’s okay – history starts at home. Ireland’s museums and cultural institutions are back open and ready to share stories from years gone by. Learn some new facts about our long and lively history. Don’t forget your mask!
- Take a cycle around a park or countryside area.
- Have a movie night at home: Get all of your goodies in, put on some fresh pjs and dig out your favourite DVDs.
- Host a games night: Dust off the classics – Monopoly, Cluedo, Guess Who? are really fun and a nice trip down memory lane.
- Order your favourite takeaway: On a cold winter night, what could be better than curling up on the couch with your a meal from your favourite takeaway? Remember to support local – so many local resetuarants are now offering click and collect or delivery options.
- Get active: Have a socially distant exercise session with a friend in your local park. There are also so many online workouts to choose from right now. So it’s a great time try out a new workout or class.
FOLLOW HSE GUIDANCE TO SLOW THE SPREAD OF COVID-19
- Wash your hands properly and regularly with soap and water or use an alcohol-based hand rub.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a bent elbow or tissue when you cough and sneeze. Throw the tissue away and wash your hands.
- Avoid touching your face, especially eyes, nose and mouth.
- Maintain physical distancing. Keep at east 2metres (6.5ft) between you and other people.
- Wear a face covering on public transpolrt, in shops and other indoor settings – this is the law, you may be fined or refused entry if you don’t wear one. Read the full list of locations where face coverings are required
- If you feel unwell, stay at home and follow HSE advice
- Download the COVID-19 Tracker App now